Photography by Jennifer Glover of Carolina Girl Cooks
The New Year is fast approaching and so is the reboot of my Whole 30 journey. I’ve MAJORLY fallen off the wagon the last few months and I am beyond excited to get back on the Whole 30 train. Why? Let me tell you…when I am on Whole 30 I feel sooooo much better, I have more energy, my weight is where it should be, my mind is more clear, my mood more cheerful, and overall I feel great knowing that I am fueling my body with “whole” foods.
Those of you who follow me on social media and who are regular readers of KBStyled, you most likely remember my previous posts about my Whole 30 Journey. For those of you who are new to KBStyled, first of all…WELCOME, I am so thrilled you are here! If you want to read more about why I began Whole 30 on January 1, 2016 and why I stayed on it for many months after the initial 30 days, you can read up HERE.
This week I will be sharing some of my favorite Whole 30 recipes in the case that you are starting this journey as well. I also plan to share more recipes with you throughout the month of January!
I’m excited that one of my best girlfriends, Jennifer Glover of Carolina Girl Cooks, agreed to team up with me for these posts. I’ve shared some of my absolute favorite Whole 30 recipes with Jenn and she has taken the time to cook them and photograph them…aren’t these images beautiful?! Not only is she an amazing cook but she has a knack for food photography as well!
So first up…my Banana Egg Pancakes! GASP! Just wait until you taste these…you will start craving them on the regular! These pancakes are packed full of protein and they are 100% Whole 30 compliant. Not to mention, they are super filling and soooooo easy to make!
We’ve put together a list of ingredients and the directions for you! I recommend that you bookmark this page or pin one of the images to a Whole 30 Recipes board on Pinterest.
Banana Egg Pancakes
- 4 eggs
- 2 bananas
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- dash of salt
- coconut oil
- 1 cup of mixed, frozen berries
- 1/2 cup mixed fresh berries, optional
- In a small saucepan or skillet, heat up 1 tsp of coconut oil to medium low. Add the frozen berries and cook until they have thawed. Lightly smash them to make a sauce.
- While the berries are cooking, add the eggs, bananas, cinnamon and the dash of salt to a blender. Blend until all the ingredients are smooth and it makes a “batter.” If you don’t have a blender, you can simply mash up your bananas in a bowl, add the eggs and scramble in with the mashed banana, and stir in the cinnamon and dash of salt.
- Heat up a medium sized skillet over medium heat. Add about 1 tsp of coconut oil and let it melt. Pour a little bit of batter in the pan. Cook for about 2 minutes on one side and then flip, cooking the other side. *They cook quickly so stay close by to flip. Transfer to a plate and continue cooking the batter until it’s all used.
- To serve: spread a little almond butter on each pancake and stack them. The warmth of the pancakes will melt the almond butter a little bit. Top with half of the sautéed berry mixture and serve!
- *To make for 1 person, just use 1 banana and 2 eggs. I make this recipe several times a week while on Whole 30 and it tastes just as good every time.
- **My favorite almond butter to use is Justin’s. Make sure you pick up a plain all natural almond butter that does not have sugar, maple, or any other sweetener in it.
So tell me, are you kicking off the New Year on Whole 30?! Please feel free to leave any questions below, I am more than happy to answer them!
As always, thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you all have a great start to your week!