DRESS C/O VICI DOLLS (USE CODE KBSTYLED20 FOR A DISCOUNT) || EARRINGS C/O LISI LERCH
The kids and I had so much fun making this simple Easter treat.
I had a hard time keeping their fingers out of the melted chocolate and keeping the peeps out of their reach.
For as long as I can remember, Peeps were always in my Easter basket and so we always include them in Reins and Addison’s baskets and they love them too!
This year we decided to make this treat a little early as we will be traveling right up until Easter and may not have the time to make them on Easter Sunday.
Make this treat now or make it Easter weekend with your children, nieces/nephews, grandchildren, etc!
EASTER PEEP PRETZELS
Here’s what you need…
- Peeps, assorted colors
- Pretzel rods
- 1 bag of white chocolate melts (we used confetti white chocolate melts but you can use plain white or any other pastel color)
- assorted pastel colored sprinkles
- Here’s how you make peep pretzels…
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Heat your white chocolate melts in the microwave in 15-20 second increments until melted, stir to ensure a smooth consistency
- Dip your pretzel rods into the melted white chocolate or roll them in the white chocolate on a plate *I did not have a deep enough container to dip the rods so I poured the melted chocolate onto a plate and rolled my rods. If you do this you may have to heat the chocolate a little bit here and there to keep it nice and soft.
- Place your dipped pretzel rod on the lined cookie sheet and put sprinkles on while the chocolate is still soft
- After you have dipped all of the pretzel rods that you plan to make, place them in the refrigerator to set
- One the chocolate has set (20 minutes or so) you will then attach a peep to each rod by putting a dime size drop of melted chocolate on the rod and then placing the peep onto the rod
- You will then return your cookie sheet back to the refrigerator to let the peep set as well
That’s it…these peep pretzels are so easy and fun to make! Kids really enjoy this activity and it doesn’t create a big mess!
What kind of fun treats to you make this time of year?! Do you have an special Easter traditions?
As always, thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful day!