Photography by Madi Flournoy Henderson
PINK RUFFLE TOP || DENIM || EARRINGS
FLORAL PLATES || BUNNY PLATES || CABBAGE PLATES || CABBAGE PLACE MATS || NAPKINS || NAPKIN RINGS
Today I’m sharing a delicious healthy sun-dried tomato deviled egg recipe! I recently shared an avocado deviled egg recipe and you can find that HERE as well! I love deviled eggs but I am not a big fan of mayonnaise so I’ve made two versions for Easter that don’t have any mayonnaise in them!
What I love most about these sundries tomato deviled eggs, besides being a healthier version of a classic recipe, is the melody of flavors!
These are sure to be a crowd pleaser!
Sun-Dried Tomato Deviled Eggs
- 6 large eggs (double recipe if making more)
- 1/2 cup of non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 1/2 tablespoons of chopped sun-dried tomatoes (canned/jared sun-dried tomatoes will work well)
- 1 tsp of dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tbsp of fresh chopped basil
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/8 tsp of ground pepper
- Place eggs in a deep sauce pan and fill with cold water, 1-2 inches above the eggs.
- Bring to a boil and then turn off heat and cover.
- Let eggs cook for approximately 15 minutes. Remove the eggs from sauce pan and move to an ice bath to chill.
- Once the eggs have cooled completely, you can then peel the eggs.
- *Tip…peeling can be tough so I recommend that you crack the egg all the way around as much as possible by tapping them lightly on the counter…this always makes peeling the shell much easier.
- Cut your eggs in half and scoop out the yolk while keeping the egg white intact.
- Transfer the egg yolks to a bowl and then add the remaining ingredients.
- Stir and blend the mixture until smooth.
- Fill your egg whites with the mixture.
- Garnish with a piece of sun-dried tomato and basil.
- *Tip…use an cake decorating icing bag and icing tip to squeeze the egg mixture into your egg whites. This creates a beautiful deviled egg!
Hope you enjoy these sun-dried tomato deviled eggs! I’d love to hear if you decide to make these for Easter and if not for Easter, deviled eggs make a great appetizers for so many other occasions!
As always, thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you have a great day!