Who knew that Darth Maul likes to bake?! He especially likes to create Galactic Fudge Cupcakes that resemble the Dark Side and that reminds him of the galaxy he wishes he ruled.
I wanted to create a cupcake that fits this years Star Wars Halloween theme and I love how these Milky Way Galaxy inspired cupcakes turned out.
They are rich and covered by the Dark Side (ahem..also know as fudge icing) and adorned with a variety of planets, stars, and asteroids.
These are fun to make and are the perfect compliment to any galaxy inspired party you may be planning!
Who knows…maybe Maul should give up his quest to destroy Obi-Wan and turn his attention towards something a little more peaceful like baking sweet treats.
GALACTIC FUDGE CUPCAKES
- 1 box of fudge cake mix *prepared according to the instructions on the box
- 1 container of milk chocolate icing
- 1 container of vanilla icing
- yellow gumballs *can be found on Amazon
- multi-colored gumballs *can be found on Amazon
- red licorice
- clear rock sugar *can be found on Amazon
- edible gold star sprinkles *can be found on Amazon
- food coloring (black, purple & blue)
- prepare cupcakes according to the instructions on the box
- mix a couple of drops of black food coloring in with the milk chocolate icing, stir until well blended, and then ice each cupcake *wear disposable gloves when handling and mixing food coloring
- scoop out some of the vanilla icing and mix a little bit with blue food coloring and a little with purple
- use a toothpick with a little blue/purple icing on it to make a celestial looking design on the top
- place the planets (gumballs) on the top
- sprinkle some rock sugar on top
- sprinkle some gold star sprinkles on top
Hope you will give these Galactic Fudge Cupcakes a try…they are out of this world!
As always, thanks so much for stopping by!
Looking for more Halloween dessert ideas…check out this recipe, this one, and this one!