Jack Sparrow is always in search of gems and pirate’s booty but he also likes cupcakes…especially when they are adorned with gold flecks, gold coins, and gemstones! These Pirate’s Treasure Cupcakes are rich in gold and perfect for even the most scurvy Pirates!
These are fun to make and if you have kiddos, they will enjoy getting their hands messy too! Whether you are having a Halloween gathering or you are planning a pirate themed birthday party, these will be great for so many fun occasions and are super simple to make. See below for directions.
Pirate’s Treasure Cupcakes
- milk chocolate cake mix (any brand will do…*prepare according to the box)
- buttercream icing (mine is`homemade and super easy to make, ingredients below)
- 1 stick of unsalted butter (*room temp)
- 8 oz cream cheese block (*room temp)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 3 cups of powdered sugar
- gold confetti sprinkles (product linked below)
- colored sugar crystals (product linked below)
- edible gold sugar dust (product linked below)
- pirate treasure coins (not edible, product linked below)
- pirate gems and jewels (not edible, product linked below)
- skeleton heads (not edible, sourced from Michael’s)
GOLD CONFETTI SPRINKLES || COLORED SUGAR CRYSTALS || PIRATE TREASURE COINS || PIRATE GEMS AND JEWELS || EDIBLE GOLD DUST
Bake the chocolate cupcakes according to the box. While cupcakes are baking, make your cream cheese icing. In a standing mixer (or bowl with a handheld mixer), combine butter and cream cheese until well blended and creamy. Add vanilla extract and salt and mix until blended. Turn your mixer to low and gradually add the powdered sugar until all ingredients are completely combined and smooth. Set aside.
Let your cupcakes cool completely before icing with the cream cheese icing. Decorate your cupcakes to turn them into a delightful Pirate’s Treasure. Get creative…Pirate’s aren’t known to be nice and neat so it’s okay if your cupcakes are a little unkept!
Take a bite and enjoy!
Jack Sparrow approved of these Pirate’s Treasure Cupcakes…in fact…he stole most of them and ran off with all of the gems and booty!