Photography by Jennifer Glover
I’m so excited to share one of my absolute favorite Whole 30 dinner recipes with you…No Bean Turkey Sweet Potato Chili! I typically make this recipe once a week and often times I will double the recipe so I can eat leftovers the next day for lunch (its even better warmed up the next day)!
Part of what helps me stay on track while on Whole 30 is making recipes that are not only super easy to make but that are also something that I can easily (and cheaply) double. You will be cooking A LOT while on Whole 30 so I say why not make a recipe that you can eat off of for a couple of days…in turn making your life a bit easier! Plus being able to warm something up quickly will help you fight the urge to grab foods of convenience (which most likely is not Whole 30 approved…no more chips my friends).
Today, my dear friend, Jenn and I have teamed up again to bring you this DELICIOUS 100% whole 30 approved goodness that you are going to want to make note of. Bookmark this post or pin it to your recipes board on Pinterest for easy access. Make your grocery list now and add this simple cheap ingredients to the list!
With winter upon us, there is nothing more comforting than a warm bowl of chili and I PROMISE, you will love this recipe as much as I do!
NO BEAN TURKEY SWEET POTATO CHILI
- 1lbs of ground turkey
- 1 cup of chop sweet white or red onion
- 2 gloves of fresh garlic, finely chopped or crushed
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 tsp of cumin
- 1/2 tsp of chili powder
- 1/2 tsp of ancho chili powder, optional
- 1/4 tsp of paprika
- 1/8 tsp of nutmeg, optional
- 1/8 tsp of cayenne pepper, optional
- 1 can of Rotel tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 8 ounce can of tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp of tomato paste
- 1 cup of water
- olive oil
- In a dutch oven, large soup pot, or large deep skillet, heat up about 2 tablespoons of olive oil on medium high heat. Add in chopped onion and a sprinkle of salt & pepper, cook for about 5 minutes until the onion has softened (stirring to ensure that the onion does not burn).
- Next add the garlic and cook for about a minute (again, stir constantly to ensure that your garlic does not burn).
- Add ground turkey and all of the seasonings, including another sprinkle of salt. Stir and cook the turkey until it browns breaking up the turkey into smaller pieces as it cooks.
- Then add the peeled and cubed sweet potato, Rotel, tomato sauce, tomato paste and water. Stir to combine all ingredients.
- Reduce heat to medium, cover and cook for 25-30 minutes until the sweet potato is tender and all flavors have come together. You will want to make sure that the the liquids have thickened some for a more hearty and less soupy end result.
- Serving suggestions: ladle into bowls and top with fresh cilantro, dices avocado, and sliced fresh or pickled jalapeños.
If you try this recipe, please let me know what you think! As always, thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you have a great day!
8 thoughts on “No Bean Turkey Sweet Potato Chili”
Great post! Happy New Year!
Thanks! You too!
This looks so good! I will definitely be trying!
Yum this sounds great! Love finding another blogger who does the Whole 30. I've done quite a few and always do one in January. I've got a few approved recipes on my site if you need any… and reach out any time for encouragement!!
OMG I'm about to do Whole 30 for the first time. This looks INSANELY delicious! Thanks babe.
Oh man this looks absolutely perfect for lunch right about now. I'm so cold here and I could use a bowl of this to warm me right up!
This looks amazing! I have been trying to eat healthy and this sounds so good
I made this for dinner tonight and it was delicious!! Thanks for sharing!