Photography by Madi Flournoy Henderson
Transitioning to fall doesn’t mean that you have to stop wearing bright colors or that you have to start wearing heavy layers. Let’s be honest, it’s still hot in most places so it can be hard to think about fall especially when pumpkin spiced lattes are back & every store that you walk into is outfitted with jackets, sweaters, jeans, etc.
Today, I’m going to share a few tips on how to easily transition to fall while still staying chic and cool!
- If you love color as much as I do, look for bright bold light tops like the one I’m wearing in today’s post. Pair it with your favorite pair of denim shorts or with a pair of jeans. I’m personally not quite ready to shift my color palette so I will continue to wear bold colors well into fall. The lighter the top the cooler you will be and you can then add a great moto jacket over this top once the temps start to drop a bit. Kimonos & cardigans are also a great option this time of year…just look for lighter fabrics.
- Invest in a great denim, moto, or military jacket! Jackets are a great wardrobe staple that you can wear much of the year. Wear now when the evenings start to cool down and wear later as the perfect layering piece.
- Start swapping out your wedges and sandals for peep toe booties, mules, and lighter colored booties! Try a white bootie this season…they are fun to wear and are great for the warmer days that often times hang around well into fall.
- When looking for pieces with a print, such as a floral print, look for a darker richer color scheme. Dresses are big this time of year…think maxi or midi length dresses and always look for a dress that you can wear now with sandals should you wish to and wear later with booties. You can always wear tights during the cooler months with a knee high bootie so I say load up on great fall dresses in a darker color scheme.
- Swap out your summer bags for a rich leather bag in black, taupe, or cognac…this is a simple way to immediately update your look and take it from summer to fall.
- Pick out a few new accessories like hats that are great to wear now and wear throughout fall and even winter. Neck scarves are a great way to accessorize during the cooler months and you should also treat yourself to a new pair of fall statement earrings as well.
What type of fall pieces are you shopping for right now?! How do you transition your wardrobe from summer to fall?!
As always, thanks so much for stopping by…have a great day and I’ll see you back here real soon!