Photography by Madi Flournoy Henderson
DISNEY GEAR C/O WWW.SHOPDISNEY.COM
I’ll never forget the first time that we took Reins and Addison to Disney World. We went over Thanksgiving break back in 2016 and had one of the most memorable weeks of our lives! Since then, we have visited Disney World over fall break, 2017, and we are now heading back for our 3rd visit for spring break, 2018. To say we have the Disney bug is an understatement…WE LOVE DISNEY!!!
Peter and I both remember the magic of Disney when we visited as children and it is even more magical now as we experience everything with our children. It is such a happy place and we truly have no cares in the world when we are there…with the exception of when we are going to get our next Mickey ears ice cream. 😉
We’ve learned something new each time that we have visited…there is so much to “know” about Disney and I’m sure many of you who are reading this may not be first timers. If you are a Disney pro, I’d love for you to share some of your tips too…share them below by leaving a comment! But if you are a first time Disney goer, I wanted to share just a few packing tips with you!
WHAT TO PACK FOR DISNEY
– Clothing appropriate for the season! This may be obvious but many people think that just because you will be in “sunny Florida” that it will be warm every day. We have been there during various seasons and one day can be cold, the next hot, and the next raining so…you must be prepared for all weather. Of course, I don’t tell you this so you will overpack, I just recommend planing ahead and ensuring you have packed appropriately.
– Speaking of clothing…lightweight comfortable clothing and a great pair of walking shoes are a MUST. You will be doing a TON of walking and there is nothing worse than being uncomfortable in what you are wearing and to end up with sore feet by the end of your 10 hour day (or longer). I learned that “looking cute” should never come before comfort when at Disney…comfort is key! Pack hats for the family as well as a change of clothes for your kiddos in your backpack (accidents happen and so do head to toe soaking water rides). A lightweight jacket for each family member should be on you list too!
– Ponchos…purchase disposable ponchos and carry those in your backpack! In the cooler months, you will want these when you ride the water rides and in the warmer months, you will want these in the case mother nature decides to cool you off herself. No one wants to walk around in wet clothes or wet shoes.
– Pack a backpack…this is an absolute MUST! It is crucial to have a backpack with all of your belongings while at the parks. Keep in mind that many backpacks look alike and there are LOTS of black packsacks around so be sure to tie a ribbon or tag onto yours to make it easily identifiable. This also applies to strollers!
– SNACKS, SNACKS, & SNACKS…do I need to say snacks?! You are allowed to bring your own snacks into the parks and I highly recommend that you do that. We still purchase special treats and snacks but having snacks for your kiddos while waiting in the long lines can be a life saver. I pre-pack all of our snacks in little zip lock bags and then I fill our backpack each morning before heading to the parks with enough snacks to get us through the day.
– Water bottles…yes, you can still fill up your souvenir cup with other beverages but I highly recommend that you bring water bottles each day. Fill them up with ice and water in the morning and take them each day to the parks. You will get very thirsty, especially during the warmer months, and it is nice to have cold refreshing water handy.
– Devices (iPad/Phone)/games/chargers…the lines can get VERY long at times so I recommend that you travel with and pack an iPad as well as some other games (think a deck of cards). Some may not be comfortable packing their iPad but we have taken ours each time and have never had any problems. Again, be sure to mark your backpack as well as your stroller. We carry our backpack onto ever single ride therefore we are never leaving our iPad behind in the stroller. Don’t forget your chargers either!
– Sunscreen! You should always wear sunscreen but especially during the warmer months. Apply it before you arrive to the parks and apply it throughout the day. Many of the rides have covered areas but not all are shaded so you may find yourself standing in the sun. And don’t forget your sunglasses!
– Camera…be sure to bring your camera with you and carry it in your backpack. There will be so many special moments that you will want to capture and although many people purchase the photo pass, you will want to capture your own special moments as well!
– Spray bottle…we have not had to take this before but we will be taking this on this trip to help stay cool. It will be in the upper 80’s/90’s and sunny while we are there so a little squirt here and there will keep everyone cool and happy!
– Bandaids…sometimes boo boos happen or you get a blister from all of the walking so I recommend that you travel with and pack some bandaids in your backpack when you go to the parks. This will save you the time of trying to find a first aide location within the parks!
And don’t forget your magic bands or passes!
So…what do you pack for Disney?! Do you have any great tips/tricks to share?! I’d love to hear them!
As always, thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you have a magical day! We sure will!