Photography by Jennifer Glover of Carolina Girl Cooks
Talk about a meal that packs a healthy punch…this is it my friends! Teaming up with my bestie, Jenn of Carolina Girl Cooks
, to bring you another mouth watering, healthy, fulfilling recipe. If you are heading to the grocery store this weekend, you MUST make note of these ingredients and make this recipe…you won’t be disappointed!
Sweet potatoes are rich in vitamins, nutrients, and healthy carbs…it receives 5 stars in the healthy foods department. Pure GOLD! Add protein with the chipotle chicken and healthy fats with the guacamole and you have a well balanced DELICIOUS meal.
Truly…this is one that you’ve gotta try. Pin one of the images above to Pinterest or bookmark this page for easy access.
Let me know what you think after you try it! Have a wonderful weekend friends!
Chipotle Chicken Over Sweet Potatoes & Easy Guacamole
- 1-2 sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced lengthwise into 1/2 inch slices
- 2 cups of shredded, cooked chicken. I recommend a rotisserie chicken from your local grocer
- 3/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 2 adobo chilles in the sauce
- 2 Tbsp of water
- 2 avocados
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 Tbsp of minced red onion, optional
- 1 Tbsp of minced cilantro, optional
- 1 small clove of garlic, minced, optional
- olive oil
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the sweet potato slices on the baking sheet. Brush with a little olive oil and roast for 10-15 minutes in a 400 degree oven. Flip the potatoes and roast for another 10-15 minutes until the sweet potatoes are cooked through and begin to brown on the edges.
- In a bowl, mix together the BBQ sauce, chopped adobo chillies and about 1 tablespoon of the sauce. Add the water if it’s too thick. Coat the shredded chicken with the BBQ sauce.
- To make the guacamole, mash up the ripe avocados in a bowl with the lime juice and a sprinkle of salt. I like to stop here because I like super simple guacamole, but you can add red onion, cilantro and garlic to increase the deliciousness if you’d like.
- To serve, top a slice of sweet potato with a scoop of chicken. Add a couple spoonfuls of guacamole. Serve warm.