If the title of this post didn’t make your mouth water, I’m not sure what will! Anything with the word bacon or avocado in it reals me in EVERY. SINGLE. TIME!
One of my favorite recipes to make while on Whole 30 is The Wonky Spatula’s Avocado Zoodles
so Jenn of Carolina Girl Cooks
and I teamed up to recreate this crowd pleasing favorite. We’ve put our own twist on this recipe and instead of putting bacon in the zoodles, we’ve wrapped chicken breasts in bacon.
What I love about this slight tweak to such a great recipe is that the avocado zoodles are served as a side dish instead of the main feature of your meal. They are such the perfect compliment to the bacon wrapped chicken.
Either way, you can’t go wrong with this delicious combo! Both the chicken and the avocado zoodles are simple and quick to make. I love flavorful recipes that don’t require a ton of work.
Let me know if you decide to make this one and what you think! As always, thanks so much for stopping by…have a great day!
- 4 small chicken breasts
- 1 package of bacon (whole30/paleo compliant)
- 4 small zucchinis or 2 large
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 tsp of garlic powder, divided
- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 Tablespoon of fresh parsley
- 2 Tablespoons of water
- salt and pepper
- cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of pine nuts
- *Special Equipment: Spiralizer
- Preheat the oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Rinse the chicken breasts under cold water and pat them dry with a paper towel. Sprinkle both sides of each breast with a little salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Wrap each piece of chicken with 3-4 pieces of bacon and place on the baking sheet.
- Bake the chicken for about 30 minutes or until the bacon has gotten crispy around the chicken. Remove from the oven and let it stand for a few minutes before slicing.
- While the chicken is baking, toast the pine nuts. Heat up a small skillet to medium heat and add the pine nuts. Toast just until they become brown and fragrant.
- Next, wash the zucchini and cut the tops and bottoms off each. Sprialize them into noodles. Choose whatever thickness of “noodle” you’d like. Sprinkle the zoodles with a tiny bit of salt and set them aside in a mixing bowl while you prepare the sauce.
- In a small food processor, add the avocado, parsley, 1/4 teaspoon of the garlic powder, olive oil, lemon juice, water and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Blend until it’s a pourable sauce. Taste it to adjust the seasoning if need be. Pour about half of the sauce over the zoodles and toss to coat. Add more if you need more.
- To serve, plate 1/4 of the zoodles on a plate. Top with sliced cherry tomatoes and sprinkle with the toasted pine nuts. Slice the bacon wrapped chicken and serve on the side of the zoodles.