Photography by Jennifer Glover of Carolina Girl Cooks
Happy New Year’s Eve everyone! Any fun plans to ring in the New Year? We will be hanging at home watching my Clemson Tigers play in the Fiesta Bowl. Fingers crossed for a big win and a chance at the National Championship title again!
I’m also spending today gearing up for the re-start of Whole 30. Gearing up means grocery shopping and prepping food for the week. It’s a lot of work but it is well worth it!
Today, Jenn of Carolina Girl Cooks and I are sharing a healthy Whole 30 snack option…Zucchini Chips! These zucchini chips are a great for those afternoon snack cravings that are sure to hit! These are also the perfect on-the-go snack too. I highly recommend that you pack snacks to take with you on the go…it will help keep your temptations at bay.
Hope you will give this recipe a try and if you do, I’d love to hear what you think!
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a wonderful weekend and a safe and Happy New Year. Cheers to a great year ahead and a successful start to Whole 30!
ZUCCHINI CHIPS & MUSTARD DILL AIOLI
- 3-4 Zucchini
- salt & pepper
- parchment paper
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of walnut or other light tasting oil
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 Tbsp of Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tbsp of minced fresh Dill
- 1/4 tsp of garlic powder
- special equipment: Blender and mandolin slicer
- To make the zucchini chips, cut the top and end off the zucchinis. Slice the zucchinis thin on the mandolin.
- Lay all the slices out on parchment paper lined baking sheets. Sprinkle with a tiny amount of salt and pepper.
- Bake the zucchini on 200 degrees for 2-3 hours. Check them after about 1 hour and rotate the pans in the oven.
- Remove the zucchini from the oven and allow them to cool completely. Transfer to a zip lock bag or airtight storage container for up to a week.
- To make the aioli, add the egg, lemon juice, mustard, garlic powder, dill, a sprinkle of salt and pepper and a 1/4 cup of the oil to a blender. Blend for about 10-15 seconds until everything begins to come together. While the blender is still on, slowly pour in the remaining oil until the mixture becomes thick and creamy.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- To serve: spoon a little of the aioli in a bowl and plate next to the chips for easy dipping. Enjoy!