| Photos | Catherine Truman Photo
Just a little over a week ago, I hosted a “Kendra Gives Back” event at Kendra Scott to raise money for the American Heart Association of Greater Nashville and the event was such a success! The evening was to honor our sweet Addison, who had open heart surgery 1 1/2 years ago and to raise awareness about heart month and heart disease in women. You can read more about Addison’s story HERE.
The evening kicked off the night before national “Wear Red Day” so the store was decorated with red all over and the amazing girls at our local Kendra Scott store all wore red as well.
And of course some gorgeous red Kendra Scott pieces were on display as well, including the sweet Addison earrings that I designed in her honor.
It was such a fun evening and I can’t thank everyone who came out enough for their support! My heart was so full and seeing so many come out to not only support Addison but to also support the cause was so very touching.
As I mentioned, this event was to raise money for the AHA and 10% of the proceeds from that evening went back to our local chapter. I’m so excited to share that a total of $304.60 was raised that evening…YAY!!!
I would like to extend a very heartfelt “THANK YOU” to the following:
– Kendra Scott for affording me the opportunity to host a “give back” event and for creating a brand who maintains an unwavering focus on giving back
– The entire Nashville Kendra Scott team for making the event even more special than I could have ever imagined…you girls are AMAZING and I feel so very lucky to always have your support and friendship
– The American Heart Association of Greater Nashville for being a part of the evening and for utilizing me as a voice to help raise awareness
– Paige Hill, Reporter at News Channel 2 for featuring Addison and me in their morning segment…you truly aided in my mission to raise more awareness
– To all of my friends who came out to show their support and to those who showed their support in other ways too…THANK YOU so very much…love you all! p.s it was so great to meet so many new faces as well
– To all who donated sweet treats and food for the evening (Nothing Bundt Cakes, Sweet G’s Cookies, Zoes Kitchen)…thank you
– Catherine Truman for capturing the evening through her beautiful photography
– AND a very special thank you to ALL of YOU who from near and far who purchased a pair of “Addison” earrings…your support for our sweet girl means the absolute world to me!
As always, thanks so much for reading today and I hope you have a wonderful start to your week!