French Toast Muffins are an easy and delicious breakfast muffin to make throughout the holiday season! They are great when needing something easy and quick to eat and they are also great to take on the go…they even taste amazing a couple of days after they have come out of the oven. These muffins are a different take on a classic breakfast food and they are sure to be a crowd pleaser!
You can get creative with your toppings as well…they are fantastic plain but we love to top ours with sautéed bananas, fresh fruit, syrup, a sprinkle of cinnamon, powdered sugar and fresh whipped cream…YUM!!!
Give these muffins a try this holiday season…I’m certain you and your holiday guests will love them! The full recipe is below!
FRENCH TOAST MUFFINS
- 1 cup of whole milk
- 1/4 cup of sweetened condensed milk or heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 6 cups of bread (I used a fresh brioche loaf *cut the loaf into cubes)
- unsalted butter
- light brown sugar
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously spray a 12 cup nonstick muffin pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Cut your loaf of bread into 1 inch cubes…you’ll need a total of 6 cups. Once cut, set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the first 7 ingredients.
- Once whisked together, add the bread cubes and gentle toss/stir the bread cubes until the liquid ingredients have been absorbed.
- Scoop the mixture into the prepared muffin pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the tops of the muffins are golden. Remove from the oven and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
- While muffins are baking, prepare your toppings. We love it with sautéed bananas on top, syrup, and a little whip cream.
- Sauté the bananas in some unsalted butter alongside of some light brown sugar. Add this to the top of your muffin and then dust with a little bit of powdered sugar.
- Serve and ENJOY!
These French Toast Muffins are so delicious, easy to make, and a staple in our home. You will find yourself making this recipe time and time again so be sure to save it, pin it, or bookmark it for easy reference.
Thanks so much for stopping by. See you back here real soon!