This year has been full of lemons…but guess, what, I like lemons and lemon flavored things so I’ll take those lemons and turn them into something delicious! Today I’m sharing these pucker up worthy, go back for seconds, lemon cream cheese bars.
What I love about lemon flavored desserts is that you can make them year round as lemons are not seasonal. These lemon cream cheese bars are easy to whip up too so you won’t be spending too much time in the kitchen. You could also swap the lemon out for other seasonal flavors like strawberries, pineapple, cherry, pumpkin, etc. Let your imagination run wild and try a few different flavors.
Let’s get started…see the ingredients and directions below. Be sure to pin or save this recipe for easy reference!
ZESTY LEMON CREAM CHEESE BARS
- 2 8 ounce packages of crescent roll dough (refrigerated section)
- 2-3 lemons
- 2 8 ounce packages of cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- granulated white sugar
- powdered sugar for dusting
- blueberries for garnish
- preheat oven to 350
- line 9×13 inch baking dish with foil and spray foil with cooking spray
- press 1 can of dough into the bottom of your back dish, press dough out until it evenly reaches all sides of your dish
- zest 1 1/2 lemons into a bowl and then squeeze the juice of 2 lemons into the same bowl
- beat softened cream cheese and 1/2 cup of granulated sugar into lemon zest/juice mixture until creamy and smooth
- spread lemon cream cheese mixture over crescent dough layer
- spread second crescent dough layer on top, gently stretching dough over layer until it meets each side of your baking dish
- brush melted butter over top of the top crescent roll layer
- zest another lemon and mix the lemon zest in a bowl with 3 tablespoons of granulated sugar and sprinkle on top of butter
- bake for about 30 minutes and then let cool for 15
- lift dessert from baking dish using foil, after it has cooled, cut into squares, return to baking dish and refrigerate until chilled…45 minutes to an hour
- once chilled, sprinkle some powered sugar on top and garnish with blueberries or your favorite garnish
- serve and enjoy
Is your mouth watering yet?! These are so delicious and aren’t overly sweet. I hope you’ll give it a try!
As always, thanks so much for stopping by!