Today I’m sharing a delicious pineapple pudding recipe that will easily become a favorite. If you love pineapples, cool whip, pudding, vanilla wafers, and another delicious ingredient, then you are sure to love this recipe!
My Dad made this for the first time some years ago and I have loved it ever since. I couldn’t keep my spoon out of it and often times found myself getting a spoonful multiple times a day…it’s one of those desserts that you crave! It’s even better the next day after the vanilla wafers have had plenty of time to soften…it’s so so good y’all!
It’s super quick and easy to make and requires only a few ingredients. Pineapple pudding is a perfect dessert to make for any holiday or for any occasion really!
- 1 large package of vanilla pudding *or two small packages
- 2 cups of 2% or whole milk
- 1 small container or sour cream
- 1 16oz container of Cool Whip
- 1 large can of crushed pineapple – drained
- 1 small can of pineapple tidbits – drained
- 1 box of vanilla wafers
- Mix vanilla pudding powder with milk until thick. It will take a good bit of stirring and patience to thicken the pudding but keep stirring because it WILL thicken!
- Once your pudding is thick, add the sour cream and stir until well blended.
- Add 3/4 of the container of Cool Whip to the pudding/sour cream mixture and stir until well blended. Leave the remaining 1/4 of the Cool Whip for the last layer of pudding.
- Put a little bit of pudding mixture at the bottom of your dish *enough to cover the bottom. Then layer with vanilla wafers followed by some crushed pineapple and pineapple tidbits. Another layer of pudding, wafers, and pineapple…continue doing this until you have reached the top of your dish.
- Your final layer with be Cool Whip on top. Sprinkle some pineapple on top and place some wafers in the center of your pudding.
- Refrigerate overnight to let the pudding set and to let the flavors meld together.
- Serve and enjoy!
Hope you’ll give this recipe a try and don’t forget to try some of my other Thanksgiving recipes!
As always, thanks so much for stopping by…see you back here real soon!